All exterior changes, including but not limited to; modifications, alterations, construction, destruction, improvements and certain maintenance are subject to prior written architectural approval by ABM’s Architectural Review Committee (ARC).
The ARC is comprised of five members of the association who are appointed by the ABM Board President. Committee members serve as volunteers and have aptitudes in fields related to design, paint, construction, architecture, landscape, etc. In accordance with ARS §33-1817, a member of the Board of Directors serves as Chairperson of the ARC.
Submitting an Architectural Application: What You Need to Know
- Applications may be obtained at our office or downloaded above.
- Architectural requests requiring in-person meeting or consultation will be available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday by appointment, only.
- Include a legible plot plan with all applicable dimensions, including setbacks. Click here to see a Sample Plot Plan.
- Include a materials list.
- Provide all supporting documents, permits, and photos with your initial application. Click here to see a completed Sample Architectural Application.
- All drawings or renderings must be sufficient to articulate the request. Crude applications will not be accepted.
- It may take up to 6 weeks to review your application dependent upon the number of applications received.
- Make sure you write legibly and complete all sections of the application including your email address, as that is how you will be notified of the committee decision for your application.
- Once we have received ALL of the supporting documentation needed, you will be notified by email with the date of the committee meeting when your application will be reviewed. You are welcome to attend the meeting.
- ARC meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month. All applications must be submitted at least 8 days prior to the next meeting.
- The results of your application will be emailed or mailed to you within 3 to 5 days after the committee meeting.
Common Items That Require Approval
This is NOT an all-inclusive list.
- Driveway extensions
- Walkways and sidewalks
- Garage doors
- Security doors
- Solar panels
- Patio enclosures
- Ramadas and pergolas
- Exterior lighting (front or rear yard)
- Room additions
- Raised planters
* Reflective or mirrored glass is prohibited. Approval is not required if replacement windows are the same size and same framed location as existing. Replacement windows must match, at least, on an entire side of the home, with all frames matching (i.e.: all must match on one exposure).
We look forward to working with you to maximize your enjoyment of your property and improve your neighborhood. Please contact us at 480-893-3502 if you have questions, suggestions, or require further information. We are happy to help!
Note: If your property has a sub-association, you must contact their management company for any changes. If you are unsure how to contact them, please contact ABM for assistance.